Discover Who You Are: With Author and Polyglot, Urmi Hossain
About the episode
In this episode I’m joined by Urmi Hossain. Urmi is a proponent of self-development and continuous learning. She’s also an author. She was born and raised in Italy by Bengali parents, who wanted her to be the typical Bengali girl: obedient and perfect for the community.
In her book called “Discovering Your Identity: A Rebirth From Interracial Struggle”, she narrates what she had to go through in her childhood. She does this through reflections and confessions about what it felt like growing up in a household that wanted her to be someone she didn’t want to be.
She’s also a polyglot as she speaks 4 languages: Bengali, Italian, English and French.
You’ll hear us talk about:
- Her book.
- How she learned English.
- Fear of being judged.
- Fear of making language mistakes.
- How to achieve confidence in speaking another language.
- Tell a friend about the show
- Subscribe to Stolaroid Stories
- Share it on social media / WhatsApp / Telegram
- Leave a review on Apple Podcast
- Rate it on Spotify