Learning Fluency Phrases, Language, Identity and Culture: Sharing Stories with Clare from Smart English Coach
About the episode
In this episode, I talk with Clare Whitmell, an English teacher and podcaster from Smart English Coach. I could’ve listed to her beautiful accent from Oxford all day!
You’ll hear us talk about:
- The relationship between language and culture.
- Why it’s a good idea to learn lexical chunks, what Clare calls ‘fluency phrases’.
- Differences between British and Italian people.
Clare also shares a personal story about a time she found a personal connection with the Italian culture. This is inspired by a photo of a memorial she took in Italy.
PLEASE HELP: Could you help me grow my audience? Here’s what you can do (choose one):
- Write a review on Podchaser
- Tell a friend about the show
- Subscribe to it
- Share it on social media / WhatsApp / Telegram
- Leave a review on Apple Podcast
- Rate it on Spotify
Available on SPOTIFY | APPLE PODCASTS | GOOGLE PODCASTS | ANCHOR | AMAZON MUSIC | CASTBOX | STITCHER | RADIO PUBLIC | POCKET CASTS