What is Language? With Christian from Canguro English (pt.1)
About the episode
There are language teachers who make inspiring and educational content, and Christian Saunders from Canguro English is one of them.
Christian is my favorite English teacher on YouTube, not least because we share the same teaching philosophy.
His YouTube channel has over 300,000 subscribers and Christian uses it to “change the way the world learns English”.
He’s always told his learners the truth: learning a language is hard and it takes many years. I agree. Let me add that learning a second language is one of the most rewarding things you could ever do in your life.
In this episode, which is part 1 of the conversation I had with him, Christian and I talk about:
- what language is
- how Christian became an English teacher
- whether or not the language skills of a teacher matter
- what’s wrong with the way languages are taught
- what Christian thinks of language levels (A1, A2, etc.)
- why Christian decided to become a YouTuber
Any comments? Questions? Feedback? Feel free to get in touch with me.
Available on SPOTIFY | APPLE PODCASTS | GOOGLE PODCASTS | ANCHOR | AMAZON MUSIC | CASTBOX | STITCHER | RADIO PUBLIC | POCKET CASTS